Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pavilion DV 2500 LCD replacement

Laymanspeak: How I changed the broken display screen of my laptop.
  • LCD screen broken while travelling in car
  • LCD spec: 1200x800, 30 pin LCD connector
  • Original part is around 500$ (27k INR)
  • Tried sourcing it from the US/UK. Cost is around 12K to 8K. Too high by my standards :)
  • Indian website gadgets.in sells it for 6k including shipping. Very proactive seller. Nice to see in an Indian businessman.
  • Tried my local contacts and got the original HP part for slightly lesser.
  • Opened up the laptop myself, there was a problem with the length of the flourescent tube wire.
  • Got it extended/soldered from a professional and fit it myself after covering the LCD backside wit the metallic lining (anti-static?).
  • Laptop screen works and  looks as good as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment